Madamoiselle

Online Users

A big big girl, living in a big big world, full of big big things. Always good for a laugh. Loves to joke but serious when required. Absolute weakness for all things which attracts me.

I read

Brenda
Derrick
En Xi
Kai Zhen
Kewei
Lai Qing
Michelle
Michelle Rachel
Moon
Victoria
Wan Ru
Xing Yu
Yew Loong

Felicia Chin
Jia Hui
Kelly Poon
Lao Zha Bor
Lin Pei Fen
Lin Xiang Ping
Meixin
Sharon Au
Xia Xue
Xu Ya Hui

Sunday, January 18, 2009
11:35 PM

I really hate shopping for CNY clothes. Ok to be more specific, I hate buying things when CNY is round the corner. Shops will be packed with shoppers everywhere.
When I finally mustered enough courage to brave the pandemonium for a dress that I've been eyeing, I had a rough idea of what I'm in for. Crowds, queues, squeezing my way through.... at the shop, it was just as expected: throngs of shoppers trying to make their way around, even more shoppers flipping through piles of clothes that looked as if they were discarded rather than discounted, salesgirls in a frenzy, and the whole place was saturated with rowdy shoppers' banter mostly made up of people yelling "Excuse me!", "Ouch!", "Sorry!", "Can you get me a new piece?" I wonder if aliens on another planet are getting a live telecast of the scenes of the ugly Singaporeans. If they're watching it on their TVs, they must be pretty intrigued. It's like reality TV.
I wanted to get my dress asap and run home and hide. Far from the maddening crowd. So, in record time, I checked the item, paid and dashed out of the shop. Phew! My CNY dress is now proudly hung up in my wardrobe, as a testimony to my courage and survival. Victory!

0 Comments